Home and contents insurance

As a homeowner, the chances are your biggest asset is your home. As such, although not compulsory home insurance is probably on the top of your priority list as it will be for many mortgage companies, after all repairing a damaged property can be very expensive.

Our home insurance policies can provide cover for buildings, contents or both combined;

Buildings Insurance; cover the main fabric (bricks and mortar, roof and floors) of the property and permanent fixtures and fittings such as kitchens and bathrooms.

Contents Insurance; for those items that make a house a home

  • Household Goods; appliances like cookers, fridges, TV’s and computers
  • Furniture and Furnishings; beds, sofas, curtains and carpets
  • Valuables; jewellery, watches, mobile phones, cameras, works of art
  • Personal Belongings; clothes, shoes and bags
  • Money; cash cheques, premium bonds and traveller’s cheques and travel tickets

These items are covered for the cost of repair or replacement if damaged. Polices vary from one insurer to another in exactly what events are covered, but generic events include;

  • Theft
  • Storms and flooding
  • Fire, lightning, aircraft, explosions
  • Vandalism
  • Impact by vehicles
  • Falling trees
  • Escape of water
  • Breakage of satellite TV receiving equipment

In addition to these standard covers many of our polices also include the following as standard;

  • Accidental damage to glass furnishing, mirrors and ceramic hobs
  • Accidental damage to fixed glass and sanitary ware
  • Alternative Accommodation
  • Replacement Locks
  • Trace and Access

Our polices can be extended to include cover for;

  • Full accidental damage
  • Re-landscaping of gardens
  • Family legal expenses

To find out the most suitable and cost effective solution for you, why not give our Personal Lines Executive Sue Aspinwall a call today.

Quick quote

Get your free quote for Home insurance


Avondale Rd W610H466 W610H466 Copy W610H466